Wednesday, February 10, 2010
I've been admiring all the photo cooking posts for a while now, and kept meaning to try one of my own.
Wow! I have so much more respect for these ladies now! It's certainly not as easy as it seems. Terrible lighting (in my kitchen), dirty hands, clingy toddler begging to be allowed next to the hot oven. But it was fun! In between mixing, stirring, bringing the bowls for photos next to the window for some nice light, freaking out because the mixture 'curdled' (I've come to the conclusion that it was supposed to), burning myself (only once thank god), and running into the living room to check that Allen isn't trying to figure out how the TV works, I did manage to produce some yummy muffins.
Not bad for a first time!
And I should mention that this muffin experiment was inspired by my need of an actual muffin pan so I can make these CHUNKY CRAYONS. I only had a few of the disposable foil muffin liners that I've made cupcakes in one or twice. I figured that if I can hook my husband on muffins, then I would have a stronger case of why I need one. Evil, I know. =)

Blueberry Muffins
(makes 12)

 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, or other fresh berries
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder (get the aluminum free kind!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease twelve 2 3/4-inch muffin cups.
Mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour; set aside.


Combine remaining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.



Mix egg, milk and melted butter in another bowl (this is where mine 'curdled'. It was really just the butter re-solidifying in the cool milk). Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Gently stir in blueberries.



 

Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins until golden, 18-22 minutes.


(had to add some chocolate chips for my husband)

ENJOY!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

COZY Modern Furniture

COZY Modern Furniture
COZY European Modern Furniture

Share!

Share |
Colorful Images
PhotoWorks - Free Shipping on Your First Order!
Health to Happiness

Search Box

Custom Search

Book Club!

My First Award:

My First Award:
Thank you Amy!

Followers